Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Counterpointless

If there are four things on ABC-RN I try to avoid criticising in this blog, they would be Vicki Kerrigan's general knowledge, Michael Duffy's Counterpoint, Vicki Kerrigan's English, and Vicki Kerrigan, because this is only fun for me when it's sporting.

I must say, however, that even if one accepts that Radio National has to have a rightwinger like Mr Duffy to balance all the centrists, which makes a strange see-saw, someone's nutzo here and I sure hope it's not me or Vicki. I have to wonder who's gone out of their mind when I hear someone actually argue for the retirement age to be raised .. "because we live longer these days".

I'll just pop down the mine and the factory and ask the chaps and ladies how they feel about it. Michael, you'd better stay well back in the billiards room in case things get out of hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home