Friday, May 27, 2005

Phillip, Phillip, Phillip

You haven't head a single word I've said!

Che Guevara's first position in the ruthless Communist Cuban dictatorship was that of comandante of La Cabana Fortress in Havana. There he had jurisdiction over the notorious 'war criminals' trials, which allegedly resulted in the execution of 600 civilian and military officials.

When I hear you talk like that, my thoughts are just like those of the handsome Stalinist himself (in Motorcycle Diaries)

Crazy with fury I will stain my rifle red while slaughtering any enemy that falls in my hands! My nostrils dilate while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood. With the deaths of my enemies I prepare my being for the sacred fight and join the triumphant proletariat with a bestial howl!

Listen Real Media Windows MediaTariq Ali

On the plus side, your interview with Gillian Slovo, another who sounds quite unreconstructed, not to mention a tad loud, was fascinating.

I leave you, Mr Adams, with the words of one of Che and Castro's victims:

For me, it meant 8,000 days of hunger, of systematic beatings, of hard labor, of solitary confinement and solitude, 8,000 days of struggling to prove that I was a human being, 8,000 days of proving that my spirit could triumph over exhaustion and pain, 8,000 days of testing my religious convictions, my faith, of fighting the hate my atheist jailers were trying to instill in me with each bayonet thrust, fighting so that hate would not flourish in my heart, 8,000 days of struggling so that I would not become like them.
Armando Valladares

More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home