Friday, March 11, 2005

I listen irregardless

Despite hearing ABC journalists say things like "irregardless", which I used to think only Lil Abner said, or people being funny, I listen to Radio National. Yes, a foreign correspondent really and truly said "irregardless" a few weeks ago, and it wasn't a joke. Still, I keep listening.

And even when ABC RN keeps running an ad for ABC 2, which promises "alternate" programs, I listen. Because commercial radio in the country is even worse.

This one is also a favourite of ABC radio journalists and presenters. Is there anyone working at the ABC who knows the completely different meanings of 'alternate' and 'alternative'? Apparently not. I know, the two words look alike, like 'illegitimate' and 'illiterate', so it's pretty tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home