Thursday, May 05, 2005

Life matters, you know

I thought that Julie McCrossin's interview with Robyn Archer on Wednesday's Life Matters showed Julie at her best. She was in her element as revealed by a scintillating combination of enthusiasm, knowledge and sympatico.

It's none of my business what she does with her career, but I have a hunch she'd be better off in an arts program, and that she feels about as engaged discussing children's sleeping patterns as I would discussing the Gay Mardi Gras. As a parent I sense the floundering. It's like when you see an actor in a movie hammering a nail or sawing a 4X2; if you've ever done carpentry you just know if he's acting.

Ms McCrossin is a clever woman and sounds a warm one, and does quite an admirable job on her program considering what I sense to be her distance from its demographic. However, in my opinion her confidence, radio presence and authoritativeness went up 1,000 points simply by doing a segment on arts festivals vis a vis the family circle. Life's too short to miss out on your true demographic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home